Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging
- The history of MR imaging as seen through the pages of radiology.Radiology. 2014; 273: S181-200
- ACOG committee opinion no. 723: Guidelines for diagnostic imaging during pregnancy and lactation.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2019, January; 133: 186
- Canadian Association of radiologists recommendations for the safe use of MRI during pregnancy.Can Assoc Radiol J. 2022; 73: 56-67
- ACR guidance document on MR safe practices: Updates and critical information 2019.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2020; 51: 331-338
Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (2015): Safety Guidelines for Magnetic Resonance Imaging Equipment in Clinical Use.
- MRI safety considerations during pregnancy.Clin Imaging. 2020; 62: 69-75
- MR system operator: recommended minimum requirements for performing MRI in human subjects in a research setting.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2015; 41: 899-902
Goischke H-K (2016, August): MRI with gadolinium-based contrast agents: Practical help to ensure patient safety. Journal of the American College of Radiology: JACR, vol. 13. Elsevier BV, p 890.
- Gadolinium-based contrast agents: A comprehensive risk assessment.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2017; 46: 338-353
- Avoiding MRI-related accidents: A practical approach to implementing MR safety.J Am Coll Radiol. 2018; 15: 1738-1744
- MRI-related FDA adverse event reports: A 10-yr review.Med Phys. 2019; 46: 5562-5571
- Temperature increase in the fetus due to radio frequency exposure during magnetic resonance scanning.Phys Med Biol. 2008; 53: L15-L18
- MRI: is there a role in obstetrics?.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 55: 352-366
- ISUOG Practice Guidelines: performance of fetal magnetic resonance imaging.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 49: 671-680
- ACR appropriateness criteria® second and third trimester screening for fetal anomaly.J Am Coll Radiol. 2021; 18 (–S198): S189
- Prenatal identification of invasive placentation using magnetic resonance imaging: systematic review and meta-analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 44: 8-16
Holman R (2022): Common indications and techniques in prenatal MRI. Ectopic Pregnancy and Prenatal Diagnosis. IntechOpen.
- Fetal MRI: A technical update with educational aspirations.Concepts Magn Reson Part A Bridg Educ Res. 2014; 43: 237-266
- Prenatal ultrasound and fetal MRI: the comparative value of each modality in prenatal diagnosis.Eur J Radiol. 2008; 68: 214-226
- Fetal MRI for dummies: what the fetal medicine specialist should know about acquisitions and sequences.Prenat Diagn. 2020; 40: 6-17
- Is fetal MRI ready for neuroimaging prime time? An examination of progress and remaining areas for development.Dev Cogn Neurosci. 2021; 51100999
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging at 3.0 T.Top Magn Reson Imaging. 2011; 22: 119-131
Sussman TJ, Pagliaccio D (2022): Pregnancy testing before MRI for neuroimaging research: Balancing risks to fetuses with risks to youth and adult participants. Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpsc.2022.08.006
- An assessment of the intrauterine sound intensity level during obstetric echo-planar magnetic resonance imaging.Br J Radiol. 1995; 68: 1090-1094
- In vivo intrauterine sound pressure and temperature measurements during magnetic resonance imaging (1.5 T) in pregnant ewes.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2008; 24: 203-210
- Potential heating effect in the gravid uterus by using 3-T MR imaging protocols: Experimental study in miniature pigs.Radiology. 2016; 279: 754-761
- Potential heating effect in the gravid uterus during MR HASTE imaging.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2001; 13: 856-861
- Association between MRI exposure during pregnancy and fetal and childhood outcomes.JAMA. 2016; 316: 952
- The safety of maternal and fetal MRI at 3 T.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2019; 213: 1170-1173
- Safety of MR imaging at 1.5 T in fetuses: A retrospective case-control study of birth weights and the effects of acoustic noise.Radiology. 2015; 275: 530-537
- Prenatal magnetic resonance imaging: towards optimized patient information.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 34: 182-187
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372: n71
- Research discovery and visualization using ResearchRabbit: A use case of AI in libraries.COLLNET Journal of Scientometrics and Information Management. 2022; 16: 215-237
ResearchRabbit, Version 2.0 (n.d.): Human Intelligence Technologies, Incorporated.
Lewis JD (2022): Introducing Scite. Ai, Inciteful. Xyz, and Research Rabbit.
- Pulsed magnetic field exposure during pregnancy and implications for NMR foetal imaging: a study with mice.Magn Reson Imaging. 1985; 3: 231-234
- Midgestational exposure of pregnant BALB/c mice to magnetic resonance imaging conditions.Magn Reson Imaging. 1988; 6: 305-313
- Effects of magnetic resonance imaging on eye development in the C57BL/6J mouse.Teratology. 1991; 43: 263-275
- Fetal development of mice following intrauterine exposure to a static magnetic field of 6.3 T.Magn Reson Imaging. 1992; 10: 433-437
- Effects of static and time-varying (50-Hz) magnetic fields on reproduction and fetal development in rats.Teratology. 1994; 50: 229-237
- Effect on fetal mouse development of exposure to MR imaging and gadopentetate dimeglumine.J Magn Reson Imaging. 1994; 4: 805-807
- Effects of in utero exposure to 4.7 T MR imaging conditions on fetal growth and testicular development in the mouse.Magn Reson Imaging. 1996; 14: 263-274
- Effects of a 1.5-Tesla static magnetic field on spermatogenesis and embryogenesis in mice.Invest Radiol. 1996; 31: 586-590
- Subchronic in vivo effects of a high static magnetic field (9.4 T) in rats.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2000; 12: 122-139
- Biological effects of long-duration, high-field (4 T) MRI on growth and development in the mouse.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2000; 12: 140-149
- Development of mouse testis and epididymis following intrauterine exposure to a static magnetic field.Bioelectromagnetics. 2000; 21: 19-24
- The combined effects of MRI and X-rays on ICR mouse embryos during organogenesis.J Radiat Res. 2001; 42: 265-272
- Prenatal exposure to magnetic field increases dopamine levels in the striatum of offspring.Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2001; 28: 884-886
- Effects of a 4.7 T static magnetic field on fetal development in ICR mice.J Radiat Res. 2001; 42: 273-283
- Gender- and age-specific impairment of rat performance in the Morris water maze following prenatal exposure to an MRI magnetic field.Brain Res. 2004; 995: 140-144
- Teratogenic effects of static magnetic field on mouse fetuses.Reprod Toxicol. 2006; 22: 118-124
- Exposure to static magnetic field delays induced preterm birth occurrence in mice.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205 (e26–31): 362
- Repetitive exposure to a 7 Tesla static magnetic field of mice in utero does not cause alterations in basal emotional and cognitive behavior in adulthood.Reprod Toxicol. 2012; 34: 86-92
- Conducting Meta-Analyses inRwith themetaforPackage.J Stat Softw. 2010; 36https://doi.org/10.18637/jss.v036.i03
- How to perform a meta-analysis with R: a practical tutorial.Evid Based Ment Health. 2019; 22: 153-160
Harrer M, Cuijpers P, Furukawa T, Ebert DD (2019): dmetar: Companion R Package For The Guide ’Doing Meta-Analysis in R. Retrieved from http://dmetar.protectlab.org/
- Statistical methods for meta-analysis.J Educ Stat. 1988; 13: 75
- Distribution theory for Glass’s estimator of effect size and related estimators.J Educ Stat. 1981; 6: 107-128
- Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test.BMJ. 1997; 315: 629-634
Harrer M, Cuijpers P, Furukawa TA, Ebert DD (2021): Doing Meta-Analysis with R: A Hands-On Guide. Boca Raton, FL and London: Chapmann & Hall/CRC Press.
- Quantifying heterogeneity in a meta-analysis.Stat Med. 2002; 21: 1539-1558
- Behavioral effects of long-term exposure to magnetic fields in rats.Bioelectromagnetics. 1993; 14: 287-297
- Repeated exposure of the developing rat brain to magnetic resonance imaging did not affect neurogenesis, cell death or memory function.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011; 404: 291-296
- Impact of repetitive exposure to strong static magnetic fields on pregnancy and embryonic development of mice.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2014; 39: 691-699
- Repetitive exposure of mice to strong static magnetic fields in utero does not impair fertility in adulthood but may affect placental weight of offspring.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2014; 39: 683-690
- NMR imaging produces no observable mutations or cytotoxicity in mammalian cells.Magn Reson Imaging. 1984; 2: 72
- Tests for DNA and chromosomal damage induced by nuclear magnetic resonance imaging.Radiology. 1980; 136: 707-710
- Magnetic resonance imaging: absence of in vitro cytogenetic damage.Radiology. 1985; 155: 163-165
- Fetal exposure to MR imaging: Long-term neurodevelopmental outcome.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2020; 41 (–1992): 1989
- Does 3-T fetal MRI induce adverse acoustic effects in the neonate? A preliminary study comparing postnatal auditory test performance of fetuses scanned at 1.5 and 3 T.Pediatr Radiol. 2019; 49: 37-45
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging: exposure times and functional outcomes at preschool age.Pediatr Radiol. 2015; 45: 1823-1830
- A case series of 15 women inadvertently exposed to magnetic resonance imaging in the first trimester of pregnancy.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2015; 35: 871-872
- Neonatal cochlear function: measurement after exposure to acoustic noise during in utero MR imaging.Radiology. 2010; 257: 802-809
- Absence of harmful effects of magnetic resonance exposure at 1.5 T in utero during the third trimester of pregnancy: a follow-up study.Magn Reson Imaging. 2004; 22: 851-854
- Failure to detect intrauterine growth restriction following in utero exposure to MRI.Br J Radiol. 1998; 71: 549-551
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging: jumping from 1.5 to 3 tesla (preliminary experience).Pediatr Radiol. 2014; 44 (quiz 373–5): 376-386
- A comparison of the different animal models of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders and their use in studying complex behaviors.Front Pediatr. 2014; 2: 93
Andersen MD, Alstrup AKO, Duvald CS, Mikkelsen EFR, Vendelbo MH, Ovesen PG, Pedersen M (2018): Animal models of fetal medicine and obstetrics. Experimental Animal Models of Human Diseases - An Effective Therapeutic Strategy. InTech.
McCann A, Schoenfeld Walker A, Sasani A, Johnston T, Buchanan L, Huang J (2023, January 6): Tracking the States Where Abortion Is Now Banned. New York Times.
Zablocki A, Sutrina MT (2022): The Impact of State Laws Criminalizing Abortion. Retrieved from https://www.lexisnexis.com/community/insights/legal/practical-guidance-journal/b/pa/posts/the-impact-of-state-laws-criminalizing-abortion
People in Alabama Can Be Prosecuted for Taking Abortion Pills, State Attorney General Says (n.d.):
Talk of prosecuting women for abortion pills roils antiabortion movement (n.d.): Washington Post.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Financial Disclosures: All authors (DP, XC, TJS) reported no biomedical financial interests or potential conflicts of interest.